Get out and Move!
- Activity Calendar
- Pickleball Morning Pickup Games
- Bone Builders
- North Dakota Senior Games
- Senior Lifestyle Expo
- Senior Luncheons
- Other West Fargo Community Senior Activities
Keep informed of all of the events happening at the Rustad Recreation Center with the Activity Calendar. This monthly calendar will feature activities for seniors in the area along with all West Fargo Park District special events. If you would like to receive this free calendar by mail or e-mail, please call the park district office at 433-5360.
Adult morning pickleball players must be 18 or older.
Players must pay the daily pickleball fee of $3.25 or purchase a punch card which includes 10 sessions for $25.
For round robin play, experienced pickleballers rated above a 2.5 are encouraged to play from 9:00-11:00 AM. Beginners or those rated a 2.5 or below are encouraged to play from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
To participate in round robin play, participants must sign-up at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start times (9:00 or 11:00 AM).
Round Robin sessions will include multiple games, each with a different set of opponents and a different partner. Participants will play against others with similar skill levels. Please see below for more details.
Bone Builders is a FREE exercise program that strives to work against the negative effects of osteoporosis. By doing some simple weight training individuals can protect themselves from osteoporosis related fractures by increasing muscle strength and bone density. Benefits of the program are improved balance, increased energy and bone density.
Classes are held at the Veterans Memorial Arena, 1201 7th Ave E, West Fargo. Class times are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:45am and 10:00am all year.
The largest multi-sport event for ages 50 and better is back in Fargo! This year is a qualifying year for the National Senior Games, so register now to join us and compete for your chance to move on and compete on the national stage. The North Dakota Senior Games offers a variety of event ranging from Pickleball to Swimming to Golf- so there’s an event for every interest. For a complete list of events as well as to register, visit NDSeniorGames.com. Pre-registration is required- no registrations will be accepted on site.
The West Fargo Park District is excited to offer a FREE Senior Exercise program called Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL). This strength, balance and fitness program is for adults 55 and older.
Performing exercises that improve strength, balance and fitness, which are the most important activities older adults can do to stay active and reduce their chance of falling, if done regularly. The class consists of five areas: warm-up, aerobics (low impact), balance/cool down, strength and stretching/education. SAIL exercises can be done standing or sitting. Volunteer Program Leaders are always needed; if you are interested in more information or volunteering, please contact Allison Hauschild at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8:45-9:45 AM at Rustad Recreation Center.
Connected with local resources to live a happy and healthy life after 55! Admission to this informative expo is free, so bring your family and friends to learn more about opportunities in our community! A free gift for seniors will be available while supplies last. Thank you to SKripts Pharmacy for sponsoring this event! If you are interested in being a exhibitor at this event, please email email@example.com.
Location: Rustad Recreation Center
Date: Thursday, September 26
The West Fargo Park District provides Senior Luncheons twice a year for West Fargo residents ages 60+. Enjoy live music while lunch is served. After lunch, join us for a fun game of Bingo! For more information, call the Park Office, 701-433-5360. Thank you to SKripts Pharmacy for sponsoring these events!
1. The West Fargo High Rise provides activities for seniors. Call 282-3443 for their updated schedule.
2. Congregate meals are currently provided at Faith Lutheran Church (127 2nd Ave. E., West Fargo) M-F at 11:45am by Valley Senior Services of Cass County. This location will be changing to the new Sheyenne Plaza on Sheyenne Street. To register for a meal, call 356-2047 by at least noon of the day before your scheduled meal or sign up at the meal site. There is no set price, but a donation of $4.00 is suggested. Activities may be held following the meals. Monthly calendars are available at the meal site. Weekly menus and activities are also printed in the Pioneer. The activities above are provided by the West Fargo Area Community Program (WFACP).
3. The Civic Seniors meet at the West Fargo VFW on Wednesdays 1:00-4:00pm for Whist, Pinochle and socializing.