Kindergarten – Grade 6
Flag Football league is a recreational, non-competitive league designed for the participant to have fun and learn the basic skills of flag football. All players need a mouth guard, football spikes are recommended.
- Space is limited so be sure to register early! Teams will be limited to 14 players per team, no exceptions. Register according to grade and school attending for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- All participants must have a jersey for this program. This is not included in the registration fee, so please be sure to add a jersey unless you are using one from last year. Jerseys will be handed out by the first game.
- Schedule will vary each week; before Labor Day, there will be 1-2 practices per week, after Labor Day there will only be 1 practice and 1-2 games per week. Games will be played on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays at 5:30pm or 6:45pm and/or Saturdays at 9:00am, 10:30am or 12:00pm according to schedule. Games times will vary each week. Please refer to your child’s team schedule for details. Team schedules will be emailed and posted online at wfparks.org by August 4.
- Grades 4-6 will be in a league with Fargo Park District and Moorhead Parks, this is a great option for youth to play more games but are not ready to play tackle football. Games will be scheduled in all three sites, please refer to your child’s schedule for more details. Grades 4-6 may start games prior to Labor Day.
- Carpooling: For carpooling purposes you may request to play with two other individuals, however these two individuals must be in the same level and school as your child. These registrations must be mailed together or turned into the office at the same time. To help prevent errors in this process, we encourage participants not to use online registration if making carpool requests. This procedure only applies to registrations received by the registration deadline.
- Volunteer coaches are needed! We would not be able to offer this program without the help of volunteer coaches. Please indicate on registration form if you are interested in being a coach and if there is another coach you would like to work with.
Flag Football begins Monday, August 14 and runs until Saturday, October 7.
Check the Cancellation Line at 551-7138 for the most current weather-related and other schedule updates.
For specific dates, times and registration information click on Register Online button.